Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 14 14 5:49 PM

Tags : :

I was wondering if there any other groups like the one this forum operates on Thursdays?

Are there any other skype groups in the English speaking world that anybody knows about?

Any skypes groups of any flavour at all?

Seems a bit odd that a Google search appears to indicate nothing at all
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 16 14 7:39 PM

Re: Skype encounter groups

I'm aware of other groups - but the big difference is that they are private/closed.

I'm pretty sure we would support other groups within the person-centred community, sharing use of the skype account and whatever experience we have gathered over the last few years (although it's not exactly rocket science).

I don't understand our community.There are some opportunities known to many hundreds and yet taken up by only a relative handful. I recently offered what I thought would be quite an appealing collection of papers as a .zip folder and less than 10 out of a combined mailing of around 750 took up the offer.

Paul | Forum Admin 'Team'
All replies welcome - registration required.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 17 14 5:45 AM

pchcolley wrote:
I'm aware of other groups - but the big difference is that they are private/closed.

I'm pretty sure we would support other groups within the person-centred community, sharing use of the skype account and whatever experience we have gathered over the last few years (although it's not exactly rocket science).

I don't understand our community.There are some opportunities known to many hundreds and yet taken up by only a relative handful. I recently offered what I thought would be quite an appealing collection of papers as a .zip folder and less than 10 out of a combined mailing of around 750 took up the offer.

Its a big world. Your encounter group venue could be known to billions if it got a return from Google, and there must be methods of helping that happen. I found this forum because i found the PCAN weekend encounter in Derbyshire for April via another forum somewhere. I was not at that point even considering a Skype encounter group as appealing to me. The PCAN site probably then led me to search on person centered therapy and so forth till I got here.

>>I recently offered what I thought would be quite an appealing collection of papers as a .zip folder

If you are saying they are appealing then I am guessing they might interest me if they are available to me. My email address is my user name here at hotmail.com

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 17 14 11:16 AM

For the record, we've done quite a bit of work behind (and in front of) the scenes, planting key words and making various SEO tweaks to this Forum - as a result of which...

SOME GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS:

+ Skype Encounter – page 3 of 13.6m hits*
+ Skype encounter group – ranked 1/691,000
+ Skype “encounter group” – ranked 1/5470

* would rank much higher if Skype didn't "encounter" so many online-reported technical problems

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 20 14 8:16 AM

I had not noticed the reply.....

From Finland via google.com a search of

skype encounter group

Returns my question above as the first response on a page filled with people encountering skype problems with the last item an encounter in japan.

http://www.onlinevents.co.uk/event/inte ... ko-mikuni/

I cant see anything relevant otherwise in the first 3 pages.

Possibly Google returns different results depending upon the location even if you use the google.com. I cant speak finnish so use Google.com.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 21 14 1:02 PM

Essentially your Finland-based searching confirms my earlier point that this section of this forum is the only needle you are likely to find in a haystack of folks vocal about their problematic *encounters* with Skype.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help