Lead

Jun 20 13 7:33 PM

Tags : :

Dear friends/colleagues

Please find below details of 4 students undertaking research who are seeking assistance. If you can help any of them, please make contact directly.

---

Dear friends
Three students that are currently conducting research into person-centred therapy for their Masters Degree dissertation are looking for people willing to speak to them about their subject. I've said that I would forward their details to see if anyone would be willing to take part in a short interview, using Skype or the telephone or even face to face. Each of these students is studying in the UK from overseas and so have found it difficult to link in to local practitioner networks of person-centred therapists as participants. I know they'd all really appreciate any assistance that can be offered. I've pasted below a short outline from each of their projects and their contact details should anyone want to take part:

Many thanks
David Murphy

RESEARCHER 1
Hi, my name is Panayiota Tsarouha and I am looking for volunteers to participate in my research study, which is held as a part of my Master's dissertation in Counselling Children and Young People in University of Nottingham. My aim is to explore person-centred counsellors’ experiences of endings in therapy and their coping as they approach towards them. I am interested in hearing - through interviews - counsellors’ stories and feelings about the end of the therapeutic relationship with their clients - children and young people or adults - how they have prepared themselves for facing the ending and in what way the person-centred approach facilitates them to cope with this.

RESEARCHER 2
Hello my name is Eirini Pavlaki and I am carrying out research for the fulfillment of an MA in Counselling at the University of Nottingham. The study aims to explore the counsellors’ Unconditional Positive Regard and specifically their experience of non-accepting feelings towards clients. I invite you to be a participant in a qualitative research study. I will be carrying out interviews using either face to face, by telephone or by Skype. If you are interested please contact me for further details to my e-mail (see below). I expect my study to be done in September 2013 and the findings will be available to the participants who wish to have a copy of the dissertation.

RESEARCHER 3
Hi, my name in Eleni Kousta and I am carrying out a qualitative research study for my dissertation for an MA Counselling at the University of Nottingham. The study will be focusing on counsellors’ perception of age and their capacity for congruence in the therapeutic relationship. I am looking for participants willing to take part in an interview. Interviews can be face to face, telephone or by Skype. If you would be interested to take part then please contact me by email (see below) and I will provide you with further details about the study, an information sheet and the chance to ask questions. Thank you for considering my request.

EMAIL CONTACTS FOR THE ABOVE
1. Panayiota: ttxpt14@nottingham.ac.uk
2. Eirini ttxep25@nottingham.ac.uk
3. Eleni ttxek26@nottingham.ac.uk

RESEARCHER 4
----- Forwarded Message -----
Cc: Michaela Börner
Sent: Tuesday, 18 June 2013, 22:46
Subject: Coping with trauma

Hi everyone
I am supervising a PhD student, Michaela, who is carrying out research into post-traumatic growth, emotion and cognitive processing. I know she'd be very grateful if you would take the time to complete the survey. All the details are below. Please consider her request to complete the questionnaires.
Best wishes
David

Hello,

I am a PhD student at the School of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Nottingham and I am looking for volunteers to find out more about self-reported posttraumatic growth and strategies which facilitate or hinder posttraumatic adaption. Your participation is entirely voluntarily and you are free to withdraw anytime. However your participation is very important for the success of the study.

I would be happy if you would make this study a success by filling out the questionnaires. You can access the survey via the following link:

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/coping_with_trauma/

More information concerning the survey you can find below.

Thank you very much for your time and support. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Michaela Börner
PhD Student, Sociology
School of Sociology & Social Policy
University of Nottingham
E: lqxmb10@nottingham.ac.uk

Hello,
I am PhD student in the School of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Nottingham. I am looking for volunteers to find out more about how people develop posttraumatic growth. Posttraumatic growth is often perceived by people as a positive change following adversity. Certain coping strategies are assumed to help or to hinder people to deal with a traumatic event. Those coping strategies and their influence on cognitive processing, emotional deregulation and the development of posttraumatic growth are the focus of this online survey.

You are welcome to take part in this survey if you have experienced life stress as, for example, a significant loss, an accident, serious illness or were exposed to violence, crime, a breakdown of a significant relationship or another event which you would consider as distressing.

The research tries to contribute to a better understanding on how people cope with adversity and what facilitates or hinders a better adjustment to life following stress.

This study involves questionnaires and will take about 30 minutes.
There are no risks, costs or benefits involved. You are under no obligation to answer to this email. All personal details will be kept confidential and your participation is entirely voluntary and you are free to withdraw anytime.

I would be grateful if you would help by taking part. You can enter the survey via the following link:
https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/coping_with_trauma/

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me or my supervisors Prof Stephen Joseph (Stephen.Joseph@nottingham.ac.uk) and Dr David Murphy (avid.Murphy@nottingham.ac.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">David.Murphy@nottingham.ac.uk).

Yours sincerely,
Michaela Börner
PhD Student, Sociology
School of Sociology & Social Policy
University of Nottingham
E: lqxmb10@nottingham.ac.uk

Ray | Forum Admin 'Team'
All replies welcome - registration required.