Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 27 13 10:22 AM

Tags : :

Hi, Everyone.

I've recently joined the Forum, initially because I'm hoping to find participants for my MSc research project: 'How do person-centred therapists respond to their clients’ uses of metaphor, and what assumptions or beliefs, about metaphor and approach, inform these responses?'. I've found little existing research in this area – i.e., describing what actually happens around the occurrence of metaphor (rather than proposing/analysing its deliberate use), and focusing specifically on person-centred practitioners. I'm hoping to exploit the potential of a mixed-method approach: one data set is an archive of therapy session transcriptions, the other arises from questionnaire, interview and focus-group responses. The questionnaire, for those who see themselves as person-centred practitioners or are PC students currently in placement, can be completed anonymously and/or doesn't commit respondents to any further participation. I'd be really interested to have responses from Forum members or, indeed, to hear your views in general. For a questionnaire, please e-mail waynehowkins909@btinternet.com It can be completed electronically and mailed back to me.

Thank you.

Wayne
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Mar 7 13 8:37 AM

Re: Metaphor in Therapy

Hi, Michelle. Thanks for your reply.

It's interesting that I'd never thought about this - ie whether children's use of metaphor in therapy is included in the study. I can't see any reason why not. I sometimes work with children (at Doncaster Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Service) and certainly my expectations/experience of them isn't categorically different from work with adults. So ... I'd be really pleased to have your response. I don't think I can attach the questionnaire here, but if you e-mail waynehowkins909@btinternet.com I'll send one.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help