Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 25 12 7:52 PM

Tags : :

Hi,

I keep ticking the box asking if I want to be logged in automatically the next time I go to the site and yet each time I do so, I am told i'm only there as a guest and need to log in. I have cookies enabled so there is no reason that I can see that should cause this.

Any ideas?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 25 12 9:36 PM

Re: Automatic log-in not working

Hi coastiefrank and welcome! Flying start eh?

The only solace I can offer is that you are not alone, not doing anything wrong, etc. This has been an issue since the Forum was migrated to a new web-host late last year and leaves us all having to keep re-logging in. Frustrating. It is in the category of known problems and we're given to understand that it will be fixed in due course. In the meantime we can just apologise for the inconvenience

Ray

Ray | Forum Admin 'Team'
All replies welcome - registration required.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 27 12 1:22 PM

If this was a self hosted forum that would have been done some time ago. Your suggestion seems like an obvious interim solution and I will raise it again on the tech support forum (but am not holding my breath!).

Ray

Ray | Forum Admin 'Team'

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 29 12 12:04 AM

Ray, your voice reminds me of a tutor on a counselling course responding to a suggestion from a student that seems eminently sensible to all the tutors and students but which cannot be implemented because of college bureaucracy, university stipulations, or BACP requirements for counsellor accreditation (such as person-centred trainings spending time and money on providing a good understanding of a problem-centred modality or three). The context is different but the process .....

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 6 12 6:47 PM

Just a quick note to all (but coastiefrank and sai in particular) to say that we appear to have finally resolved this issue. Many thanks in particular to Paul for his efforts in this regard. If you follow the instructions in Open House > ANNOUNCEMENTS it is possible to remain logged in between sessions - although if you run anything like CCleaner or Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox's built in clean-up options you may need to set the Forum's cookie/s as an exception. Any queries or problems please do let us know.

Ray / Forum Admin Team

Ray | Forum Admin 'Team'

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help